Nesting

Welcome to my blog about my Nesting Agreement

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Week 4

Well, it's week 4 and my first full week alone in the townhouse without the kids.  The first night alone felt weird.  I picked up some groceries on my way from "the nest" to the townhouse; the whole time I had this feeling like "yes, I am single and only want 2 bananas and 3 apples" but I am not positive anyone really noticed.  Dinner alone was surprisingly nice.  Monday morning I was able to sleep late and realized I had no real reason to get up - no kids to feed, no dog to let out or meowing cats wanting to be fed; that felt luxurious!  Monday night I ate alone and then headed out alone for a Swing Dance lesson at a local bar.  It was So Much Fun!  I danced almost every dance with very good dancers who were able to spin me around the dance floor with ease.  I felt a bit uneasy going alone, but am so glad I went.  I met some nice people and plan to go country dancing Saturday night with them.  Tuesday night was booked with a personal training session at the local gym.  As part of my new life I want to focus on health and getting into shape.  I would like to wear a bikini this summer; if Valerie Bertinelli can do it then so can I!  Dinner alone was not an issue.  I like being able to decide what I want and not having to worry if anyone else will like my choices.  I have kept in contact with the kids via phone and text messaging (both kids have cell phones).  I miss them, but know this time with their dad is important just as I know this time alone is important for me.  I am writing which has always been a dream.  I have contacted some old friends and am setting up lunch and dinner dates to catch up.  Hopefully the rest of week 4 will go smoothly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment