Nesting

Welcome to my blog about my Nesting Agreement

Saturday 5 March 2011

Week 5 Realizations

It's the end of week 5 and I found out some things this week!  First, I found out that I really can get to the gym every other day.  I really enjoy working out, the equipment is easy to use and the programs are designed to get you in and out quickly (Good Life Fitness Clubs are awesome).  I can complete my workout in 1 hour and know I am getting results.  I feel stronger, have more energy, sleep better and feel better.  I also found out that I really can DO ANYTHING I set my mind to. 

One of the things my husband always did in our homes was install the blinds.  This week I decided to purchase the blinds (Home Depot cuts the blinds while you wait) for the entire upstairs of "the nest" and install them myself.  Here are some observations;

  • Power drills are VERY POWERFUL
  • You need to predrill holes for screws
  • Screws included in blind packaging are CRAP (could be the powerful drill too)
  • Removing screws when you mess up is difficult
  • 6 trips to the hardware store is not odd
  • A bigger tool box is going to be required
As you can see, installing the blinds was a challenge, but I did it and am very proud to see the results.  My daughter and I even painted the trim which had it own challenges but the result is a fresh look in the main bath.  We still have the walls to do, but that will take some time and more tools.  Removing the towel bar and tissue paper holder will result in holes in the wall which brings up a whole other project.  I am ready, I just need the time.  The balance of the blinds still need to be installed, but now I am a pro (and have a new cordless drill) and will work on these as time permits. 

This week created challenges but I stayed positive, asked for advice, purchased tools I'll use for years, and spent quality time working a project with my daughter!  I learned valuable lessons, like always predrill holes before inserting screws and power drills can hurt you, that I will carry with my throughout life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment